Monday, June 23, 2008

Restored

I love the way God just gives you special gifts to restore your spirit and He always seems to give them to you when you need them the most. Yesterday we went to Joska for church and a fun day. Joska is a boarding school run by Missions of Hope International. It is about a hour out of the city and currently enrolls over 400 children. First it was great to just get out of the city and drive through the countryside and see what you imagine Africa to actually look like rather than just a busy city. We all needed the escape. When we walked into the church it had already started and the kids were singing and they were singing There is no God like Jehovah over and over. I seriously became a mess I started crying and just rejoicing. The kids that are at this school are kids from the slums, they are street kids, they are the glue sniffers etc. These kids have been restored by God to something bigger than themselves. They were having such a great time praising Him. I love the children of Africa and hearing them sing and seeing them smile always grabs my heart so I spent a portion of the worship service with tears rolling down my face, but it felt cleansing and very healing. We got to play all afternoon with the kids and I loved that so it was a great day. We all needed it and I know we all feel ready to face the week. In a few minutes I will get on a matatu and head back into the slums and who knows what the day holds but God has totally renewed my spirit and I feel ready to face whatever comes my way.
Thanks for all your prayers. God is really showing us alot in a short amount of time. I am glad He has chosen to share these things with us even though they are heart breaking. He never gives us more than we can take and I am glad that I have been given chances to just find my strength in him alone. Please pray for Tim he is not feeling well and missed the fun day yesterday. He is feeling better today but is taking the day off. I think something he ate did not agree with him, but pray that he gets better tomorrow because we all want him to be out working with us (especially me :) ) Also my mom, Connie, Jeanie, and Shannon and the rest of the team are on their way back from Uganda. Pray for safe travels. Thanks for your prayers we really can tell that you are faithfully praying for us.
We hope everything is well in the states. We are thankful to hear from you and look forward to sharing with you when we get back.
Have a great week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am jealous. I know that God does work in Africa. In Pawnee we just raised enough money to plant 8 churches in Liberia. We will be going down to help oujt soon as well.