Saturday, February 9, 2008

Blessings and Prayers......

We just wanted to share a few of the exciting things God is doing as we prepare for Africa.


As you can imagine going to Africa for an entire summer requires a large amount of money. We have not really begun raising support yet but God has already blessed us with some funds toward the trip.


I (alicia) have been at my job for over 7 years and have saved up a great deal of vacation time. I am planning to use all my time for the internship this summer but this does require agency approval. Originally the necessary approval was given and then about one month ago this approval was in jeopardy which raised the question if we had to choose between my job or Africa what would we choose? Without much thought we knew we were going to spend our summer serving in Africa no matter what the cost.


The next Sunday my mom felt like she should say something at church about our trip. After church someone came to my dad and gave him and envelope containing $450. He had been saving this money to buy a new 4-wheeler. He said after he heard what my mom had to say he knew God wanted him to give that money to us as he felt like we needed to go to Africa more than he needed a 4-wheeler. Needless to say when my mom called to tell us the news I was overwhelmed by God's goodness. It was really something that assured us we were where God wanted us to be. A week or so after that my job approved my vacation request.


We would like to ask all of you to join us in praying for Kenya. As many of you know since the December 27 election results were announced there has been a great deal of violence and unrest. Please pray for peace. Please pray that through this difficult time the love of God can be shown to all of those who are hurting in Kenya. Please pray for us as we prepare to go to an area that has been affected by so much violence.

If you want to check out the area we are going to please go to adifferentkindofnovember.wordpress.com










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim and Alicia
I'm so glad you started this blog. I'm looking forward to keeping up to date on what you are doing. I try to stay up on what is happening in Kenya and will be praying for peace in Kenya but also for both of you as you prepare to go. You will be blessed as you go but they will also be blessed to have you there. I'm so excited for you. If you have special prayer requests, please let me know.
Love
Connie Lovelace