Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Finally some pictures

Finally, we are posting some pictures.  I cannot figure out how to get the layout of these to look the way I want so this was the best i could do :)  If you are our friend on Facebook, you might have seen some of these pictures, but if you aren't we wanted to share a little bit about the place we call home with you.   Well, just the outside. We are still working on the inside.  Today, someone is here sewing us new couch covers and in a few weeks the team from West Side will be bringing more of our household goods.  After that we can give you a glimpse of the inside.  We love this place and feel so comfortable here. I just told Tim last night that I think I feel safer here than a few others places I have lived in. Perhaps that is because our door bolts into the wall, ceiling, and floor, there are bars on the windows, and we are on the fourth floor.  Who knows?!?!

Some of the others are on our way to work and at work.  We really don't take our camera with us much so our selection of photos is a little limited.  Enjoy!!




We didn't know when we moved in we would have
lake-front property (only during rainy season)..
Or a breeding ground for mosquitos!

Where we do our laundry

The road to work

Juja Road.  We turn off of this road to get to the center.
There are just a few obstacles to watch out for.

Missions of Hope Center.
Where we work   

Always construction.  And for awhile
there was also always rain.

Cooking dinner by candlelight.
We lose power sometimes and usually right in the middle
of doing something important.

View from Missions of Hope Center.

We might have used some of the money we
got from selling our car to go to the beach
to celebrate our anniversary.

I might have cried because it was so amazing.


View from the front porch.
The large black things you see are the water tanks.
View of our street.  At the end and across the street
is a fruits and vegetable market.
 What I assume would be the google earth
street view!




The sunset we can see from the back porch.  So incredible!

3 comments:

Susan Shull said...

Thank you so much for the pictures. It makes it seem more real for me, surrounded by an ocean of cornfields. We are so glad that you are getting acclimated and enjoying your new home! That beach looks incredible-I totally get why you might have cried. I might have too. Please keep us updated!

Susan Shull said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
... said...

I just found your blog as I will be heading to Kenya with a group from my church to work with your organization. I noticed you had a wish list and wondered what I can bring for you when I come? I would Love to be able to bring you a small token of my appreciation for what you are doing for the people of Kenya.
Terri Harding cthard05@comcast.net