Saturday, August 16, 2008

Missing Kenya

We have been home for over two weeks now and we have gotten back into life as we knew it, but there are many moments that I seriously miss Kenya. I mostly miss the people, but I also miss the fruit. While there this summer I was introduced to passion fruit which is a perfect combination of sweet and extremely tart . I ate them frequently and would often have a big glass of fresh passion fruit juice which was incredible. I was really craving a taste of Kenya today and thought that something passion fruit flavored should satisfy this desire. I wandered around the grocery store and much to my disappointment I could not find anything passion fruit flavored. The last aisle I walked down contained cold juices and it was there that I spotted some passion fruit juice. I was thrilled. First thing I did when I got home was pour myself a nice big glass. I was so excited as I began to take a drink and sadly it was not good. Actually it was really, really bad. It tasted nothing like passion fruit juice. Guess I have to do something else to get myself a taste of Kenya......

No comments: